Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Dear Doily with Butterfly Gala

Looking at the images from Dear Doily (Occasions 2019 p 47),
I thought the circle punched doily images looked a lot
like an old doodling technique called zentangling.  
There is a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers HERE.

This is a very simple card, given my limited stamping supplies,
so I layered the circles on a strip of Wood Textures DSP
(page 191).  The sentiment from Butterfly Gala 
(Occasions page 35) was stamped in the corner.  
I colored some candy dots with Stampin' Blends!
in order to coordinate with the Coastal Cabana
card base.  I liked the fact that this ended up feeling
a bit "Southwest",  likely because 
of the patterns and color combination.

2 comments:

Buffy said...

You are doing some amazing things despite your "limited supplies," Jackie! I love, and those doilies do look a lot like zentangling!

Susan said...

Your limited cards are amazing! I love this one!