Friday, August 28, 2009

Delightful Decorations Flower Vase

I'm sorry that many of you still have not received your Holiday Minis.  SU announced that there has been a delay in the mailings.   I hope that you enjoy these sneak peak posts of the upcoming products, and that they will build anticipation!

This card is made with the Delightful Decorations stamp set on page 7, and the coordinating Ornament Punch.   What a great combo!  I think most of you know that cutting is not my favorite activity (I leave that to people like my friend Mary!).  SU has released us from that "pressure" with a Christmas set with 4 different ornament images that can be punched out. 

This card is based on a concept presented by Vicki Wizniuk, who used the ornament as a flower vase. Don't you love products that are flexible!  The ornament was stamped in Old Olive, just off a piece of whisper white cardstock, so that the bottom was flat. I then cut it out with the ornament punch.  The Tall Tales Designer Series paper was used for the  flower from the Big Shot Blossom Party die, as well as the strip at the bottom of the card.  The stem from Embrace Life was stamped on whisper white c/s with Old Olive ink and then run thru the Finial Press Embossing Folder (& Big Shot).  The components were then assembled and attached to a Brilliant Blue card base.

Future posts will highlight Christmas cards made with the Delightful Decorations and Ornament punch, but I figured that since it's August, I could get away with a flower rendition of a Christmas ornament.

Have a great weekend!

Jackie

No comments: