Thursday, September 3, 2009

Holiday Mini Autumn Splendor

Sorry I haven't blogged lately.  I've been shopping for a new computer, among other things. Can't wait til my new Mac gets here!

This card features the Autumn Splendor set from the new SU Holiday Mini (thanks Mary).  This set is wonderful with a variety of different techniques, including embossing and watercoloring.  In this case, I stamped the leaf images with Black Stazon and then watercolored with an aqua painter. I used ink colors that coordinate with the Autumn Traditions DP (More Mustard, Really Rust, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke), so that I didn't have to think too hard!  The sentiment was layered on Really Rust Big Shot tags from the Matchbox Bigz XL die.  The whisper white cardstock was wrapped with Always Artichoke ribbon and layered on Really Rust and then Elegant Eggplant cardstock.  A quick, yet elegant fall card.

Friday's almost here!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Build A Bear Bigz Die

Sorry for my lack of posts lately.  I had a "technical glitch" and was unable to get digital pictures uploaded to my computer.    I also apologize again for the Holiday Minis not hitting your mail box yet.  I hope we get them soon.

Sooooo, this is another item from the new Holiday Mini - a SU Bear Bigz Die and the SU Kooky Spooky die.   I ran a piece of Old Olive thru the Big Shot Finial Press embossing folder for the background card base.  Cast-A-Spell Designer Paper (page 161) was placed behind the pumpkin face.  The Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Pumpkin Pie pieces of the image were assembled and glued together.  The bear figure was mounted on dimensionals, to further enhance it's appearance.

Such fun and very quick!


Sunday, August 30, 2009

Merry Moments DP House

Biggan and other artists have created little house cards of different sorts.  This is a quick effort on my part.  It uses paper from the Merry Moments designer series packet, attached to a 3 1/4 by 3 1/2 whisper white card base, so that when the roof is attached it fits in a regular envelope.

This is basically a matter of piecing things together.  The "windows" were made by cutting out 2 ornaments from the DP pack.  A gold brad was attached to the door for the door knob.   The roof is a 3 inch square, cut in half diagonally.  The only tricky part is making sure that the square is cut so that the stripes go in the direction that you intend.   Real Red grosgrain finished off the look.   Except for  cutting the windows, this is  a very quick card to reproduce, and can be used for a variety of themes, including Halloween, Thanksgiving and so on.  I think it also looks very cute and different, from other Christmas cards someone might receive.