Monday, September 21, 2009

MDS Halloween


This is a Halloween card made with the MDS (My Digital Studio) software coming out Octoer 1st.   A designer template (layout) was selected and then color changes made.  I switched the colors to Dusty Durango, Sahara Sand, Old Olive and Soft Suede.  I then added digital images from the Eat Drink and Be Scary and Extreme Elements sets.    I prefer hand made cards, no doubt, but working with the template, and sets that I  do not own was very interesting.  I will admit that I did not know which colors to combine when looking at the computer screen, so went to my stamping table and played with cardstock swatches in order to make my decision.  

I LOVE MDS for scrapbooking, but  prefer paper, ink and stamps for making cards.  I did LOVE using the templates/layouts so that I did not have to figure out which punches, paper sizes, images and patterns to put together.  As advertised, one great use for this software is to design your card and then make it the "old fashioned" way.

Happy Monday,
Jackie

No comments: