Thursday, November 26, 2009

Branching Out Thanksgiving


Remember that the Holiday Extravaganza is still going on!




I was invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and wanted to bring a couple of "gifts".  I made 2 samples of this card, one to keep and one to give.

This Branching Out card uses brayer techniques made popular by Michelle Zindorf.  I love impressionistic art, so that was the look that I was going for.
 
  I looked up a group of colors on my color wheel and began by brayering several Brocade Blue mountains in the background.  I sponged Bordering Blue from the mountain tops to the edge of the paper to complete the sky.  I then brayered in Old Olive grass and sponged over it a bit.   The Branching Out tree image was inked with Chocolate Chip craft ink, which was "smudged" with a sponge after stamping, to give it a more wispy appearance.  Using craft ink gave me time to mess with the images a bit.  After stamping and smudging the 3 trees, I added More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive leaves.  Lastly, I stamped the "Grateful" sentiment from the Falling Leaves set.

One other step I might have added would have been to highlight the  trees or mountains with a
gel pen or marker.  Admittedly, I was reluctant to mess with the cards further, after getting them to this point!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Jackie

No comments: