Friday, April 21, 2017

Stamp Off Tin of Cards Take/Leave It

As April speeds by, we're back for another
Stamp Off Challenge!

This week, we are doing another Take It or
Leave It Challenge.  Buffy, Susan and I had much 
discussion about the implications of the "food" choice.
Since Stampin' Up! has so many inks and paper colors
named after food, we decided that either images
of food items can be used, or colors with food names.

 For my project, I went all out on the "food" colors, 
including Cucumber Crush, Peach Parfait and 
Watermelon Wonder.  I love these colors together.
 I used a Lace Doily from page 51 of
the Occasions Catalog.  These are great doilies because they
are white on one side, vanilla on the other, making them
do double duty.

The sentiment comes from the  retiring Tin of Cards set on 
page 86, with Cucumber Crush Thick Baker's Twine (p 179).
The card base was run through the (retiring) Elegant Dots
Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on page 195.
Layers were created with the Stitched Shapes Framelits
and Layering Circles Framelits on page 193.  I don't seem
to be able to create without using these product combinations!

Now please hop on over to see whether Susan and Buffy
used food sets, or food colors, or perhaps both!!

Edit:  How wonderful!  Friends at Nutty for Stampin
have joined our challenge.
 
 

4 comments:

Susan said...

You and Buffy are geniuses! I guess I forgot about our discussion. Lovely card, Jackie!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card, Jackie! I love your colors. The cucumber, peach, and watermelon combo is very striking.

Deborah Smart said...

What a brilliant idea to use the food related colours, Jackie! I always tell people that whenever I start naming the SU! colours, I usually end up hungry! Great card :)

That Little Nut said...

Such a bright, happy card! Love it. DD and I are playing along, too... http://nutty4stampin.blogspot.com/2017/04/bs-take-it-or-leave-it-stamp-off.html