Friday, November 17, 2017

Stamp Off Butterfly Basics with Painted Harvest

Welcome to another Stamp Off Challenge with Susan,
Buffy and myself.  It's really good to have stamping
enthusiasts checking in with us every other Friday!

This week, Buffy set us up with a lovely color
challenge.  These are wonderful, bright colors, so feel
free to locate your sunglasses.

For this challenge, I went sort of vintage.  I did a watercolor smoosh (on watercolor paper), using a piece of acetate.  These colors blend together to make a lovely backdrop.    
Then I stamped ferns from
Butterfly Basics (p 149) and Painted Harvest (p 49 of the
Holliday Mini) in each color.  The sentiment comes from the Sorry 
For Everything set on page 98. 

I love Linen Thread (p 199) with almost anything, but
it really gets the job done when paired with leafy images.

I thank you for stopping by, and suggest that you
click on, to see what Buffy and Susan did with these
lovely colors.

3 comments:

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Jackie - this is beautiful. I love how you muted the colors by doing the smoosh. The design is perfect for that sentiment. Awesome job!

Susan said...

I love this card! Using acetate is a brilliant idea! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

No sunglasses needed! The way you 'smooshed' the colours allows them to blend beautifully, and spare the eyes :) Great card, Jackie!