Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Timeless Chase Dreams with Dandelion Wishes

I've been making a lot of get well cards, given
joint replacements and other illnesses.  I wanted
to get out of the rut a bit and make a get well card
that looks a little different.

I started with a layer of Mango Melody (love) and stamped
it with images from Timeless Textures, to give it kind of
an updated vintage look.  I then ran it through my 
Subtle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
(even more LOVE) to rough it up a bit more.

I added Tranquil Tide feathers, from the 
Chase Your Dreams Framelits on page 216,
that were also run through the Subtle folder.

 The sentiment from Dandelion Wishes in
Poppy Parade (cut out with Stitched Shapes Thinlits),
 layered it on more Poppy Parade finished things off.  

2 comments:

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

I love the stamped/embossed layer, Jackie! So awesome. And, of course, Poppy Parade and Mango Melody are my favorites together - but adding in the Tranquil Tide gives it a whole different look. It softens it a little, making it a little more soothing and perfect for a get well card. Great job!

Susan said...

Wow. Those colors look great together. This card is bound to cheer up someone. Lovely!