Friday, September 7, 2018

Stamp Off Beautiful Blizzard Serene Garden Sketch

It's another Stamp Off Friday, with Buffy, Susan
and I.  We love sharing our Friday challenges.

This week, we are working on a sketch challenge,
designed by Susan.  Susan has been on a roll when it comes to
designing our challenges!


I really like this sketch, but had to think about which
products would work.  I turned the sketch vertical,
and felt that got the job done.

First, I pulled out my Wood Textures DSP pack (p 191)
because I knew that I wanted kind of a neutral base, 
that would not distract from this lovely
Serene Garden (p 166) dove.  I cut the dove out with the 
coordinating Garden Scene Framelits (p 217).  
The sentiment from Lift Me Up on page 34
worked perfectly with the dove, which was colored
with Stampin Blends.

Finally, I stamped some of the splotches from
Beautiful Blizzard (Holiday Catty p 39).
The swirl behind the dove worked perfectly
with the other elements.  That is one of the
reasons that I adore the Beautiful Blizzard set!
Given all the texture stamps, it's not just for Christmas.

Thank you for stopping by, and now it's time
to click on over to Buffy and Susan's sites,
to check out their challenge cards.

3 comments:

Susan said...

This card is beautiful, Jackie. I love the little swirl behind the bird's tail. It really adds some elegance to the card.

Anonymous said...

Terrific use of the Beautiful Blizzard set for the splotches & swirl behind the dove. And gorgeous colours on the dove's wings! Very pretty

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card, Jackie! I love the blizzard clouds, and the DSP is perfect! Sweet!