Monday, January 21, 2019

Seize the Day with Nature's Poem

First, please have a happy, warm Martin Luther King Day.

I had some friends over to stamp last week, right before
our little blizzard hit.  Marianne looked at some of my DSP
samples and loved the Nature's Poem Designer Series
paper on page 189.  I do, too, because it enables you to
combine so many pretty patterns!   I ran the card base with DSP attached through the "Subtles" big shot Textured Impressions
Embossing Folder, although it is hard to see the texture in this 
photo.   This is my "thank you" card for Marianne.

I used the Seize the Day set on page 157, because it works
so well with the DSP to create an elegant card.  The 
"DistINKtive" look of this stamp set creates depth and
nuances, without any effort on the part of the stamper.

For the sentiment, I used the Well Written Framelits
Dies from the Occasions catalog, done with Gold
Foil paper.    Here is more on DistINKtive stamps.  

  

2 comments:

Susan said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you ran the cardstock with the DSP already attached through the Big Shot with the embossing folder. I thought you had stamped some ribbon or used ribbon I had never seen before. Very pretty!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is lovely, Jackie! The Nature's Poem paper looks like printed burlap trim. Gorgeous!!