Monday, June 29, 2020

Nothing's Better



There is a story behind this card.  My mother is
moving.  She still has her refrigerator and a toaster oven.
She has discovered that she can make a small batch of
cookies, with store bought cookie dough. She's had the toaster oven, but never used it very much.   Each time we talk on
the telephone, she giggles about how many batches she
has made, or how she didn't have time to cook them
and just ate the dough.  I did mention that she may
complicate things, because we will not be sure if she
has COVID, or is sick on cookie dough.

I had to send her a card, made with the Nothing's Better
set and coordinating Love You More Than dies (page 176).
This is my favorite new catty set because it is funny,
and I have family members who fit many of the sentiments.  
I ran some Velum Cardstock thru a Stitched Rectangles Die
and the Pacific Point layer through the Absolutely Argyle
Embossing Folder (page 184).  


  

3 comments:

Susan said...

What a cute story. I am sure your mom will laugh at this card!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is so cute, Jackie, and your story is so fun. My mom almost always uses her toaster oven now that it's just two people in the house. This actually looks like cookies just out of the oven, stacked with waxed paper or parchment. Your mom will love it!

Deborah Smart said...

Thanks so much for giving me the giggles, Jackie! I loved the story of your Mom and her toaster oven :) She's going to LOVE this card!