Friday, June 12, 2020

Stamp Off Challenge Forever Fern

Welcome to our first Stamp Off challenge of the new
2020-21 catalog. Buffy, Susan and I will be featuring our favorite 
layouts, using new catalog product.

I find that I tend to go to layouts that feature a strip of
DSP, or images on the left, with the sentiment on the right.
Perhaps it's my career in classrooms, where I like a clear
left-right progression for reading with students.

Forever Fern (p 110), with the coordinating Forever
Flourishing Dies is my favorite new bundle.  It is so
very elegant.  For this card, I masked off the left side of
the card, sponged and stamped.   It's an easy way to create
the look of DSP.   I added a couple gold foil elements to 
make the card sparkle.  The sentiment comes from the
Country Home set on page 89.  

Thank you for stopping and please click on over to see
what layouts Buffy and Susan like best!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Our sketches are pretty close to each other. What are the chances of that! I love the gold leaves you used. They add just the right amount of shine!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Great card, Jackie, and I love that sketch. (You and Susan were definitely on the same creative wave length this week!) The left-right progression is very pleasing.

Deborah Smart said...

I think the left-to-right is most logical, since the viewer will be opening the card on the right...so leading the eye there makes sense! (to me, anyway!) I love the rich colours and pops of shiny gold, Jackie :)