Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Christmas Layers with Peony Garden DSP


 Sometimes you need a quick card for a
difficult situation.  Detailed dies can be your friend,
when it comes to creating the focal image,
by using the negative part of the die cut.

For this card, I used a die from the Christmas Layers
set on page 180.   I feel that these Christmas dies can work for
a variety of situations.  I removed the die cut image and placed
a strip of Peony Garden DSP (page 149) behind.  The 
sentiment comes from the So Sentimental set on page 74.
I added a twine bow and the card was complete.  
To make a quick Christmas card, you can use a different
sentiment and put green cardstock or DSP behind the image.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love how you used the negative from the die cut. Very pretty!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Lovely card - and, yes, using the negative was perfect! I love that idea.