Monday, June 21, 2021

Penned Flowers Stencil with Art Gallery


 This wasn't the plan for this card, but I like the way it
ended up.  I think that we need to call this process
Creative Drift.

I had a die cut from the Penned Flowers dies (page 159) out 
and was going to use it as a focal point or frame for a sentiment.  
As I looked at it, it occurred to me that it would make a dandy
stencil for a card background.  I used a blending brush to 
blend the die cut image on to a piece of Pale Papaya.  I filled the
entire layer and also blended the edges.

The sentiment comes from the Art Gallery set (page 13)
and was cut out with the coordinating Floral Gallery Die.
I tried to add ribbon or linen thread behind the sentiment,
but just didn't like the look.  I did like the Mossy Meadow
fern from the Field Flowers dies (page 160) layered
behind the sentiment.  I finished off the card by adding some
Genial gems and layering it on a Very Vanilla card base.


I glued the die cut that I used as a stencil,
to the inside of the card.


2 comments:

Buffy said...

I loved reading your creative process, Jackie. So fun - and I love that stenciled background.

Susan said...

That background is beautiful. I love the colors you used. The leaves almost look like a silhouette. Gorgeous!