Friday, October 15, 2021

Stamp Off Nuts about Squirrels


 And, we're back again for another Stamp Off Challenge
with Susan, Buffy and me.  Today, our challenge is to make
a masculine card.

I really like making masculine cards because they do not
have to be fussy or fancy.  I do get comments from some guy
relatives, but I think that they know that I put a lot of effort
into making the perfect card for them.

I think that the Nuts about Squirrels on page 49 of the
July-December 2021 Mini catalog is perfect for guys.  It's 
cute, cartoon-ish, and has great sentiments.  The font is also
"of sturdy stuff."



I fussy cut the squirrel and layered it over an opening in
the tree, layered with DSP from the In Good Taste pack on page 132.  In order to make it look like he was up in a tree,
I used a Blending Brush to add some limbs from the 
Basic Patterns Decorative Masks on page 128 in the 
annual catalog.  

Thanks for stopping, and please enjoy the cards offered
by Buffy and Susan.  They are amazing artists.

3 comments:

Susan said...

You did a great job fussy cutting that squirrel, Jackie. The DSP background is perfect!

Deborah Smart said...

That squirrel is just adorable! And you fussy cut?! Bonus points for you! This card is great for guys, but also for any nature lover :)

Buffy said...

This is a perfect "guy card," Jackie. My dad loved to watch the squirrels playing in the woods. This card reminds me of him and the wacky squirrels outside the window!