Friday, February 18, 2022

Windmill Fields


I resisted the Windmill Fields Dies (on page 17 of the Jan-
June 2022 Mini catalog) for as long as I could.  My Mom went
to a work camp in Holland when she was in her twenties.  She
has given me a Delft tile, with a windmill motif, that I simply
adore.  The other item that she passed on to me is a wooden
shoe, given to her by her host while she was in Holland.  I 
treasure both.  I also love the idea of wind power doing
"work" for agriculture or manufacturing.

The windmill was layered on to a piece of free SAB Daffodil
Afternoon DSP (page 4).  The sentiment comes from the
Calming Camellia SAB set.










 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh boy. You are going to make me buy this set, aren't you? I love your card! I love the two toned windmill. It is very pretty!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is so pretty, Jackie! Your story is so sweet, and that windmill (yours and the one on the tile) is beautiful. You are quite the enabler, aren't you??