Monday, March 14, 2022

Waves of the Ocean with Sea Life Dies


 I love the fact that the Waves of the Ocean DSP works
well with a variety of current and retired SU products.
In this example, I used the Sea Life dies, on page 160.  I added
Granny Apple Green color with a  Blending Brush, taking
a cue from colors on the DSP.  The tail of the seahorse is
hooked around a strip of White Frayed Ribbon (page 33 in
the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog).

The sentiment was created with a Label Maker (P-Touch).  
I get frustrated trying to produce white embossing on black
cardstock, so for me, the labels work well.  I attached the label
to a thin strip of cardstock, so that I could use liquid glue.
This allowed me to move the sentient around, rather
than sticking it directly to the DSP, which might stick crooked

3 comments:

Susan said...

This card is amazing! I love the "bubbles" of the DSP with the seahorse and your sentiment is very clever!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is so sweet, Jackie! I love the tail of the seahorse around the ribbon, and it is perfect with that DSP. Gorgeous!

Deborah Smart said...

You chose the perfect paper to pair with the beautiful seahorse! I love how you 'grounded' him by hooking his tail around the ribbon.