Sunday, February 19, 2023

Rock and Wire Tree on Maple Slice


 Here's another rock and wire tree.  This one is kind of
special to me.  The wood slab comes from a maple tree
that I had cut down because it was dying and I wanted to
put in my fruit trees.  I kept one small log from the maple.

I used my miter saw cut out a couple of slices.  They are beautiful.
Even without any finishing they have lovely grain.
My only frustration is that the log is not straight, so it is
VERY card to cut without it wanting to fling itself
across the room.

3 comments:

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is another beautiful tree! I love the "leaves!"

Sandy said...

Jackie: I've been looking, for a couple of days, at your rock and wire creations. They are so beautiful! I wish I had a little of your creative ability. Thank you for sharing them. I love the different style of each one. Sandy

Susan said...

This is my favorite so far. I love the wood base!