Sunday, February 21, 2010

SAB HOME Banner.

 
Now this is a FUN little project that was inspired by the 
AMAZING Mary Brown.  Mary likes to cut things out.  I DO NOT.
Marys' sample involved stamping and cutting out images from the 
Good Neighbors  SAB stamp set.  In my example, I "cheated"
and used the Welcome Neighbor SAB Designer Series Paper Pack.

First, I used the Big Shot to process some components.  The Scallop Square Die
(page 199) was used to cut out 8 black scalloped squares.  The Serif Essentials
(page 199) alphabet dies were used to cut out the letters 
H, O, M, E in black card stock.  

Next, I selected strips of houses from the Welcome Neighbor SAB 
paper pack (Page 7 of the SAB mini).  I then selected background papers
to go with each strip of houses.  The houses were layered on the background.
I then added the large letters.  The only thing that I cut out were the clouds, which
were layered around the letters.

Each "page" was then layered on a black scallop square.
Medium Window Sheets (page 158) were scored and attached to
the back of each scallop, so that the set of scallop squares would stand
on it's own (valley and mountain folds were alternated).
Another black scallop square was then attached to the back of each 
"page", to cover the window sheet edges.

Thank you Mary, for the inspiration!
Jackie


No comments: