Monday, April 18, 2016

Flooding Balloons

I had some flooding in my craft area, thanks to an ice maker
connection that blew.  Fortunately, I turn my main water line
off when I travel, so it happened right after I returned home
and turned the water back on.

I've cleaned up most of the damage (meaning that I threw away lots
of stamping paper that got "rained on".)
Finally got to my table to do a few quick cards.

This is a basic version of my card for today.  I continue
to find the Balloon Builders set on page 14 of the Occasions
mini so useful.  Paired with the Balloon Bouquet Punch 
on page 13, it really gets the job done.
I used the File Tabs Edgelits (page 172 of the main catty)
to carve out the bottom of the card.  These framelits are retiring, and I highly recommend them!!   I'm sorry it's hard to 
see the File Tab in this card because I had to fix the card closed.
The tab adds a nice masculine feel. 

I layered a strip of It's My Party DSP (Occasions page 5)
on the inside of the card, so it would peak out at the bottom.

This second version is stepped up, by adding White Perfect
Accents (page 161) and some Baker's Twine.
I used the In-Colors; Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss
because these colors will retire on May 31st... sob.


No comments: