Friday, August 4, 2017

Stamp Off Ribbon Christmas Tree

This is our first Stamp Off Challenge for August.
Susan, Buffy and I enjoy bringing you challenges
that feature products from the new 2017-18 catalog.
Along with a new catalog, comes lots of delicious ribbon.
Admittedly, we all tend to hoard new ribbon.
With 10 yards of ribbon on most spools, we have lots of
ribbon to wrap, tie and texturize our crafting projects.
 I decided to go in kind of a strange direction with my ribbon.
I really like Christmas projects that have texture, so decided
to layer Pear Pizzazz 3/8 inch Shimmer Ribbon behind the
Christmas tree from the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits on page 214.
I contrasted that Shimmery Ribbon with the deep color
of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack on page 187.
For some reason, I just really liked all the deep colors
and contrasts, that would focus attention on the tree.
Finally, I added Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer 
Paper (p 194) ornaments and star.

I appreciate those who hop by my blog, and urge
you to see what Buffy and Susan have done with
their ribbon challenge.

3 comments:

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

This is so pretty, Jackie - and I LOVE that idea! The colors are so lovely together. The Navy and Wood Textures really make the tree stand out - and I love the idea of filling the open area with ribbon.

Susan said...

This is a very elegant card, Jackie. I love how you layered the ribbon behind the tree!

Anonymous said...

I love the textured tree with the ribbon, Jackie. It's so elegant! My screen makes the Pear Pizzazz look like gold - maybe it's the shimmer? Either way, it's gorgeous!